All-American Ham and Cheese Cornbread Salad
2/3 cup milk
3 tablespoons Crisco® Vegetable Oil
1 cup Martha White® Self-Rising Corn Meal Mix
2 cups coarsely chopped cooked ham
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup pitted ripe or stuffed green olives, drained, sliced
1 tablespoon mustard
1 cup mayonnaise
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Grease 10-inch cast iron skillet; place in oven for 7 to 8 minutes or until hot.
2. Beat egg in medium bowl. Add all remaining cornbread ingredients; mix well. Pour into hot greased skillet. Bake at 450 degrees F. for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in large serving bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
4. Cut cornbread into 1/2-inch cubes; add to salad.
5. In small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; blend well. Spoon dressing over salad; toss gently to mix. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight before serving.
Serving size: 6 servings