- 2 (10-ounce) portions frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 4 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
Arrange oven racks in the lower and upper third of the oven. Heat the oven to 475° F. Roll out the dough on a well-floured surface to make two 12-inch rounds and transfer to two ungreased baking sheets (or two 12-inch pizza pans). Arrange the tomatoes on top of the dough, overlapping them slightly. Drizzle the pizza with oil and season well with salt and freshly ground pepper. Bake pizzas for 10 minutes, remove from the oven, top with the mozzarella and basil, and bake 5 minutes longer, until the cheese melts and the edges of the pies are crisp and lightly browned.