CATFISH & BLACK EYED PEA SALSA
- 1 can (16 oz.) seasoned or unseasoned black eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup plum tomato, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/3 cup PLUS 1/4 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. green pepper sauce or to taste
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. catfish fillets
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil
For Black Eyed Pea Salsa, in medium bowl, combine peas, tomato, corn, onion, 1/3 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, green pepper sauce and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Brush fillets with remaining 1/4 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, then coat with flour combined with remaining 1 teaspoon salt.
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat Olive Oil over medium-high heat and cook fillets, turning once, 6 minutes or until golden and fillets flake easily with fork. Serve with Black Eyed Pea Salsa.