- 1 lb. lean ground pork or beef
- 2 cups chunky salsa (mild, medium or hot)
- 1 cup water (divided)
- 1 package (1.61 oz.) brown gravy mix (Pioneer Brand recommended)
- 1∕2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 to 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeño pepper (optional)
- Tortilla chips or crackers
In 2-quart saucepan or large skillet, cook and stir ground pork until pork is no longer pink; drain. Add salsa and 1∕2 cup water; heat to boiling. Meanwhile, dissolve gravy mix in 1∕2 cup cool water; stir in cumin. Stir into boiling mixture; cook and stir until thickened. Stir in beans and jalapeño pepper. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves, if desired. Serve with tortilla chips. Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Chili Dip Quesadillas:
Spread dip on flour tortillas; sprinkle with shredded cheese. Place another flour tortilla over each. Cook on hot griddle for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Cut into quarters.
You can make this dip a couple of days ahead of game day; just reheat it in the microwave before serving.