Grilled-Steak Salad with Worcestershire Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium onions (preferably 1 red and 1 sweet), cut into 1/4-inch-wide wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
- 5 ounces arugula (10 cups loosely packed), torn if large
Special equipment: a grill basket
Whisk together Worcestershire sauce, oil, thyme, and salt.
Grill onions and steak:
Prepare a gas grill for direct-heat cooking over moderately high heat. Toss onions with 2 tablespoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cut steak into 4 pieces and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Source: Gourmet Magazine