- 1 loaf French or Italian bread, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Brush slices of bread generously with olive oil on both sides.
3. Slice garlic cloves in half and rub a piece over each slice of bread.
4. Place bread slices on baking sheet and bake in oven until golden brown, about five minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt to taste.
These toasts make an ideal base for canapes, or a delicious alternative to crackers.