- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 12 oz can of evaporated skimmed milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 ounces of Proscuitto di Parma, thinly sliced
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 4 fresh mint leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1 lb Linguine
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmegiano-Reggiano
- Ground pepper
1. Heat olive oil in large sautee pan over medium. Add onion and salt. Saute for 5 minutes
until onion soften. Add evaporated milk and the grated lemon zest. Cook 1 minute and
remove from heat.
2. Cut Proscuitto into thin strips. Set aside.
3. Combine basil, parsley and mint and set aside.Cook Linguine in rapidly boiling water.
Just before pasta is done, briefly return the sautee pan to medium heat and warm
4. When the pasta is al dente, drain and add to sautee pan along with herbs
5. Toss the pasta until the cheese melts and a light sauce forms.
Add proscuitto, season with pepper and toss. Serve immediately
Serves 4 – 6