- 4 (19 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 ounces pancetta bacon, finely diced
- 1/4 cup Olio Carli Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons Seasonello by Caber
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups seashell pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Soak dry beans overnight in 5 cups of water. Drain, and place in a large pot. Add 10 cups cold water, cover, and bring to a boil. Simmer beans until tender, at least 1 hour. Drain. If using canned beans, simply drain.
In an 8 quart pot, saute pancetta in olive oil until soft. Add onion and celery; saute, stirring, for about 5 minutes. Stir in Seasonello. Add chicken stock, cover, and bring to a boil Add beans to soup, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
Cook pasta in 4 quarts boiling water with 1 teaspoon salt until al dente. Drain, and add to soup. Stir in minced parsley before serving, and sprinkle with grated cheese