- 3 pounds flank steak
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons green onion, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 loaves focaccia (herbed flat bread) – each loaf cut into 16 slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Combine Worcestershire, garlic, onion, rosemary, thyme and pepper. Rub surface of meat, cover and refrigerate 6 to 24 hours.
Remove beef from marinade and roast in 325°F oven to desired doneness (135-140°F for rare).
Slice beef against the grain diagonally into 1/8-inch thick slices.
Brush bread with olive oil, and arrange sliced beef on bread. Garnish with finely chopped green onion, rosemary or thyme, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Makes 48 appetizers.
Source: Texas Beef Council and Beef It’s Whats For Dinner.