- 6 lbs. beef short ribs with bones
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Martha White Flour for dredging
- 1/4 cup Wesson Oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 6 Strickland’s carrot sticks, sliced
- 4 stalks Strickland’s celery, sliced
- 1 Tennessee tomato, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups Tennessee dry red wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 Tbsp each H2O Farms oregano, parsley and thyme
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season ribs with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Brown ribs on both sides and place in one layer in lighly oiled roasting pan.
In same skillet, saute onions, carrots, celery and garlic until just tender. Pour vegetables over meat. Whisk wine into hot skillet. Pour into roasting pan. Combine stock and herbs; pour over ribs. Cover and roast for 2 1/2-3 hours or until meat is tender, basting several times while cooking. Cut into individual ribs and serve warm.
Source: Tennessee Beef Council